Thursday, August 23, 2007

COMPLETED: April, 2008


Hosted By: "Thoughts of Joy..."
January - December, 2008


James Lee Burke
Dave Robicheaux Series
#1 - The Neon Rain


Jennifer Chiaverini
Elm Creek Quilts Series
#1 - The Quilter's Apprentice


Robert Crais
Elvis Cole Series
#1 - The Monkey's Raincoat


Lisa Gardner
Pierce Quincy Series
#1 - The Perfect Husband


Dorothy Gilman
Mrs. Pollifax Series
#1 - The Unexpected Mrs. Pollifax


Arnaldur Indridason
Reykjavik Series
#1 - Jar City


Debbie Macomber
Cedar Cove Series
#1 - 16 Lighthouse Road


L. M. Montgomery
Anne Shirley Series
#1 - Anne of Green Gables


P. J. Parrish
Joe Frye Series
#1 - A Thousand Bones


George P. Pelecanos
Derek Strange and Terry Quinn Series
#1 - Right as Rain


Louise Penny
Three Pine Series
#1 - Still Life


Peter Spiegelman
John March Series
#1 - Black Maps



ALTERNATES:


Giles Blunt
John Cardinal & Lise Delorme Series
#1 - Forty Words for Sorrow


Rhys Bowen
Molly Murphy Series
#1 - Murphy's Law


Jeffery Deaver
Lincoln Rhyme Series
#1 - The Bone Collector


John Dunning
Cliff Janeway Series
#1 - Booked to Die


Brian Freeman
Jonathan Stride Series
#1 - Immoral


Colleen Gleason
The Gardella Vampire Chronicles
#1 - The Rest Falls Away


Chris Grabenstein
John Ceepak Series
#1 - Tilt-a-Whirl


Jonathan Kellerman
Alex Delaware Series
#1 - When the Bough Breaks


Laura Lippman
Tess Managhan Series
#1 - Baltimore Blues


Robert B. Parker
Spenser Series
#1 - The Godwulf Manuscript


Dave Pelzer
Dave Pelzer's Life
#1 - A Child Called "It"


J. D. Robb
In Death Series
#1 - Naked in Death


Peter Robinson
Inspector Alan Banks Series
#1 - Gallows View


Melissa Walker
Violet Series
#1 - Violet on the Runway


If you are interested in seeing the lists of series I am currently reading, you can visit my blog titled Current Series Status.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:11 AM

    It Just amazes me that you would have all these books already lined up ;) As one who is always looking for a good book to read I am thrilled not only with your list but also with the list of book series that Kathrin has. I will get my post up this morning...I only have two 'first in a series' books lined up so far...funny you are doing this because my daughter and I went to the library and four of the books I checked out are part of a series I had never read before ;) I just love this blog by the way!!!! Presently I am reading a John Saul book...had to back away from all the serious stuff had to prep with for my classes...next on my list is The Only Road North...thank you again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle ~ I have had oodles and oodles of titles for First in a Series lined up forever, but just never get to them! That's why I had to make it a challenge. My list will continue to change with additions and elimations as the next few months unfold.

    I have frequently read books not knowing that they were part of a series, so now I will go back to the beginning and read the first! Most often, it's not necessary to read them from the beginning, but I would like to especially for a select few. Others I have read standalones and not their series.

    And...you are too kind. I'm glad you like it here. I like your blog as well. :) I don't share a lot about the books and certainly don't consider them reviews in the least. I really just keep track of my initial thoughts after I have closed the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting list. Of those I've read, I see some I think you'll really enjoy and a few that I really can't see you wanting to even finish. Ian Rankin and Michael Connelly are on my 'authors to try' list. I'll be passing on the challenge, though. I need to start 12 new series like I need another hole in my head ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzi ~ I can't wait to start them! I can surmise the ones I probably wouldn't like, but I'm still curious. They might not make the final cut, but they are of interest to me. I'm thinking I will continue reading firsts up until and through the coming year. Having this plan helps me mentally arrange how I'm going to fit all the books I want to read into my life.

    I will miss a list from you and your contribution of posts, but I totally understand. Although, you can always reconsider. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful list and a great resource for me when I get around to picking my firsts. I'm into some of the series you've mentioned, but there are a lot that I didn't know about. I'll let you know when I get my list up. Sounds like another fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love series! i've read many of the ones you've listed here. i'll have to think about whether i want to expand my horizons during 2008 or not ...

    happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Booklogged ~ Aren't lists the best! :) I'm glad you'll be joining us and look forward to see what you choose.

    Alison ~ Expanding horizons is always a good thing. Didn't anyone ever tell you that!?! <-- That was just a friendly little nudge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a great list. I really like the China Bayles series & the Patricia Cornwell series is amazing! I haven't read Laura Childs tea series yet, but I love her scrapbook series! I am going to put the tea one on my list for this challenge :) Series are my favorite, so it is going to be a challenge looking for 12 new ones to start. Off to finish looking through your list & start making mine :) Great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ginny ~ Oh, that's right, I forgot to add the scrapbook series onto my list. I discovered that when I getting the details for the tea shop one. Thanks for the reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!