Friday, September 21, 2007

TRUE EVIL
Greg Iles ~ BOiPod
Personal Rating: 4.5/5
Yearly Count: 87




Right from the start I was drawn into this psychological/medical thriller. I couldn't turn the pages due to it being an audio book, so I toted my iPod around with me whenever I could! That seems to be a problem for me with books on CDs; I can't whip those pages by when the need arises. Too bad the narrator couldn't speed read aloud. :) I never would have picked this title up in book form because it's a "chunkster", so I'm thankful for audio versions despite their lack of speed.

True Evil focuses on the character Alexandra (Alex) Morse, a FBI agent. She has had many recent deaths in her family and the last member leaves her with a dreadfully clear message. Bringing along all her "baggage", Alex decides to trust her instinct and charge forward to investigate her dying family member's proclamation.

In this thriller, the characters were well-developed and likeable, the storyline was intriguing and scarily realistic, and the action began at the beginning and ended at the end. Just what I hope for in all thrillers, but don't always receive. In this one, Iles delivered on all accounts.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds really good. Could it become a series?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Framed ~ I suppose so, but I'm not aware of that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!