Sunday, October 07, 2007

2nds Challenge

OPEN AND SHUT
David Rosenfelt
Personal Rating: 4.5/5
Yearly Count: 94





Almost five months ago, I read the 5th book in the Andy Carpenter series (Dead Center) and was pleasantly surprised by Andy's character. Simply put, he entertained me. Afterwards, I felt that I needed to right my wrong so-to-speak and begin at the beginning. Actually, I just wanted to get to know Andy from the get-go and not miss out on a single detail. I finally got my hands on Open and Shut after eagerly waiting for the right time. It was well worth the wait. I loved it.

Andy is a very good defense lawyer. His latest case is one that has been passed down to him by his father. As he begins the process of preparation for the trial, tragedy strikes Andy's family and new clues arise. Andy uses his sense of humor as he struggles to defend his client, as well as, maintain relationships making this a fun, fast read in the midst of a serious storyline. I think Andy has a lot of heart, not just wise remarks which make him a very endearing character.

6 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad you were able to go back and start at the beginning of the series. It's a fun one. I've read the first 3 so far and enjoyed them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzi ~ Some series it really doesn't matter when you pick them up, but this one I think is best to begin at the first. At least I only read one down the pike. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of those authors I keep thinking I need to try. I didn't realize it was a series. Maybe I better get started before he writes a couple dozen more! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Les ~ If you like Harlan Coben's Myron Bolitar series, you'll like Andy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Open and Shut on the shelf. When, oh when, am I going to read it?! I think if I don't mooch or buy any more books I might can get through my stacks in 2-3 years. Mooching is just too easy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Booklogged ~ Take it off the shelf and read it! It's fun and fast. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!