Wednesday, November 14, 2007

JULIE AND ROMEO GET LUCKY
Jeanne Ray ~ BOiPod
Personal Rating: 2.25/5
Yearly Count: 109




This drama of a 63 year old couple and their families was not pleasing. I was hoping to find a fun, heart-warming little story, but instead found characters and a plot that were just plain annoying. The storyline tried to mirror Charlie and The Chocolate Factory in the suburbs, but all it did for me was grate on my nerves for the continual references and comparisons to the movie/book.

Unfortunately for me, this sequel to Julie and Romeo (rated a 3/5 in 2005) didn't improve in my ratings, so at this point I'm not inclined to pick up another by this author.

3 comments:

  1. I loved Julie and Romeo but thought the sequel was just okay, so I'm with you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll echo Eileen's comment. Loved the first, but was disappointed with the sequel. I reviewed it somewhere on my blog. Too lazy to give you the link. :) My favorite is probably Step.Ball.Change followed by Eat Cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eileen ~ I know I rated the first one a 3/5, but I have fonder memories of it. No fond memories for this one. :)

    Les ~ I'll have to come search your blog then. :) Maybe someday I'll give her another chance with the titles you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!