Monday, December 03, 2007

THE GOOD GUY
Dean Koontz
Personal Rating: 4.5/5
Yearly Count: 116




There was a mistake when a man sought out the assistance of a hired killer. His mistake was that he accidentally asked a random man to do the job. When the random man realized the blunder, he tried to ward off the real hired killer. To his chagrin, the hired killer believed that the show must go on, so . . . the race began.

This was a fast and easy read; although, it didn't become a page-turner for me until about half way through, but when it did - I didn't want to put it down. I really enjoyed the slow progression of knowledge that was divulged regarding the characters and the plot. That truly added to the suspense and kept me intrigued.

6 comments:

  1. Glad to see that you liked this one Joy! I recently added this one and his latest ones to my TBR...but I don't know when I will get to them. Soon, I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad you enjoyed this one as much as I did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never actually read anything by Koontz. I have a couple in my nightstand that a friend lent me, but I just haven't gotten to them. Looking forward to them a little bit more now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy ~ This one is a good one, although it's not without some gruesomeness.

    Les ~ There haven't been any I haven't liked. I just like some more than others. This one ranks on the high end. :)

    Debi ~ I highly recommend Odd Thomas. I LOVE Odd!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have only read two of Dean Koontz's books, but I liked both of them very much. This one sounds like it a good one as well. Thanks for the review, Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Literary Feline ~ Oh yes...this is a good one. :)

    This comment and the comment on Most Wanted didn't appear in my mailbox. How weird is that?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!