Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Series Challenge

SHOPAHOLIC & SISTER
Sophie Kinsella ~ BOiPod
Personal Rating: 3.25/5
Yearly Count: 126




In this fourth book of the Shopaholic series, Becky Brandon, the main character, continues with her shopping shenanigans, but now she has more on her plate. This time around, Becky's life incorporates several relationship issues, including: a new marriage along with the adjustment back into the real world after a 10 month honeymoon, a glitch in her relationship with her best friend and the surprise of a long-lost sister. Some of this was ridiculous and some of it was ridiculously funny. I'm glad I continued with this series . . . just for the fun of it.

9 comments:

  1. This is a fun, light series. I thought this one was the weakest one, but it was still entertaining. I'm planning on reading Shopaholic and Baby soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nyssaneala ~ I liked this one better than Shopaholic Ties the Knot. To finish the Series Challenge, I will be reading the baby one soon, too. Hopefully we'll BOTH be laughing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I'll try and catch up with this series for the series challenge. :-) I've enjoyed the three books I have read in the series, although Becky does grate on my nerves after awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:06 PM

    Joy - Just wanted to drop in to wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Literary Feline ~ I agree, but I have still enjoyed them.

    Lynne Thank you! Merry Christmas to you, too. I hope you receive many blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas, Joy. I hope you had a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Les ~ Thank you, Les! I hope you had wonderful day as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't tried books on tape (how antiquated is that term??), but I thought about testing the waters with this series. I'll have to dig out my library card, though--who would have thought that iPod books are so costly??? Glad you enjoyed it. I need something light!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trish ~ This series is definitely light. You may laugh or shake your head at her, but either way it's fun.

    Here's a link to help you download and upload CDs onto your iPod: Aldoblog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!