Friday, January 18, 2008

MY LIFE AS A FURRY RED MONSTER

Kevin Clash
Genre: Memoir
Published: 2006
Personal Rating: 3/5
Yearly Count: 10


Even though I didn't find this book to be as bright and colorful as Elmo, I did find Kevin Clash to be as gentle and loving as they come. He shares parts of his childhood through his career as a puppeteer while using the character traits of Elmo as his guide. I enjoyed learning about puppeteering and the bits of 'behind the scenes' of Sesame Street, but it simply didn't match my expectations.

2 comments:

  1. i guess i'll try to limit my expectations and then see what i think of this one. i do like your categorization of Clash as "gentle and loving"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison ~ Oh, I love Clash's attitude and from what I can tell from the book, he appears to be a good man.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!