Wednesday, November 05, 2008

34th Challenge Completed!

This challenge was created due to my lack of Agatha Christie reads.  I thought this would be a good jump start to further adventures.  While I only read 2 books and the rest were short stories, I do feel like I have had a decent introduction to Agatha Christie's mysteries.  I am not enthralled with her work, but I did enjoy what I read.


Anything Agatha Challenge Reads:

The Tuesday Night Club (Short Story)
The Idol House of Astarte (Short Story)
Ingots of Gold (Short Story)
And Then There Were None (Novel)
Murder on the Orient Express (Novel)
The Bloodstained Pavement (Short Story)
Motive V. Opportunity (Short Story)
The Thumbmark of Saint Peter (Short Story)
Blue Geranium (Short Story)
The Companion (Short Story)


Here is my original list of books with links to my thoughts.


Favorite:
The Tuesday Night Club (Short Story)

Least Favorite:
The Companion (Short Story)
(only because I had to reread a little)

7 comments:

  1. GFY challenging yourself to a classic author!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary ~ Thanks, Mary. My horizons have certainly been broadened since blogging - that's for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Though I left the challenge, I have continued reading AC, and am very thrilled with her work. I especially love the Hercule Poirots. I thank you so much for offering the challenge and getting me started on this lifelong adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Joy, I just don't know how you do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on finishing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vickie ~ LOL You seem to always make me laugh or at the very least - grin. (That's a good thing.)

    Nan ~ That's great news that this has spurred you onto a lifelong adventure. I love that! I think only one of the novels I read was Poirots - I'm not even sure now. But, I do plan on reading more outside of Miss Marple. I know her now and I'd like to meet Christie's other main characters.

    Dar ~ Short stories! (But that was the plan from the beginning - I actually threw in two novels.) :)

    Teddy Rose ~ Thank you, Teddy. I'm glad that I did it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!