Wednesday, December 10, 2008

THE AMERICAN JOURNEY OF BARACK OBAMA

Author:  Editors of LIFE Magazine
Genre:  Non-Fiction
Published:  2008
Personal Rating:  4.5/5
Yearly Count:  160


The editors of LIFE Magazine provide a full scope of Barack Obama's life.  The book contains the following contents:  Moments in a Journey, Introduction, Foreword (by Senator Ed Kennedy), The Family Tree, Roots, Boyhood, A Young Man on the Rise, Chicago, Washington, Aspects of Obama (12 essays) and The Journey Continues. 

Whether you voted for Barack Obama or not, he is the elected 44th President of the United States and it can't hurt to learn more about him.  That's why I read this book - no political announcements here.  Not only that, how can you go wrong with LIFE Magazine editors?  :)

This is a beautiful, hardcover book.  Its size is approximately 9 x 11 and holds true to life (and LIFE) photographs, and it was an absolute pleasure to read.  While, I enjoyed most of the essays at the end of the book, some of them I could have done without.  So, for me, it's not a masterpiece, but it comes close.  No matter - it's a treasured book on my shelves!



The American Journey of Barack Obama was released in October, 2008

My sincerest thanks go to Anna from Hachette Book Group USA for providing me with this keepsake.


A give-away of this book can be found here.

4 comments:

  1. I plan on reading a book about or by Obama next year. Maybe I'll try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is a fascinating person. I enjoyed his book, "Dreams of My
    Father."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just reviewed this book as well. It's going on my coffee table.

    I included a link to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chain Reader ~ It's my understanding that there are quite a few good ones out there.

    Framed ~ You just proved my point to Chain Reader. :)

    Teddy Rose ~ Thanks, Teddy Rose. I haven't read any others, but I certainly enjoyed this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!