Tuesday, December 09, 2008

'TIS THE SEASON!

Author:  Lorna Landvik
Genre:  Chick Lit
Published:  2008
Personal Rating:  4/5
Yearly Count:  159



An alcoholic heiress, Caroline Dixon, has demonstrated some kind of inappropriate behavior everywhere she goes.  Eventually, she attempts to write an apology note to those that she has presumably hurt and then, literally, tosses it aside.  The paparazzi do not miss a beat and retrieve the thrown away note.  Mitch from the Star Gazer's "Here's Buzz" column prints it all.  Once the word is out, Caroline needs help.

Snarky, snarky, snarky.  And, thankfully, I like snarky.  I also love epistolary-styled books.  This one happens to be mainly through e-mails.  The exchanging of e-mails begin on August 7 and end on December 31, so the book is not focused just on the holiday season, nor is it just about Caroline.  The beginning messages were a tad bit awkward due to the characters being introduced in snippets, but once I figured out the general scenario between e-mailers, I was able to sit back and enjoy.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:18 AM

    Boy, are you getting your Christmas reading in. I like snarky too, so this one might be for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed this one Joy. I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have yourself a snarky little Christmas....la-la-la-laaaaa....

    This does sound like my kind of book. Good review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snarky! That's the word I was looking for when I reviewed this. :) Looks like we both enjoyed it equally. I, too, found the opening messages a bit confusing, but I think that's how most epistolaries go for me, especially when there are lots of characters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm going to add this one to my to-read list. i've only read one book by Landvik (Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons), but i enjoyed that one and this one sounds like fun. thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you liked it, since I have this book at home waiting to be read. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bermudaonion ~ This is the only time I read Christmas themed books, so I try to get a few in. :)

    Dar ~ It gives a little insight into the book.

    Vickie ~ LOL Never a dull moment with you. :) I think you'd like it.

    Les ~ Interestingly enough, we are in the minority regarding this book. It hasn't been received very well on Amazon and B&N - to each its own!

    Alisonwonderland ~ I read Bon Bons and Patty Jane's House of Curl and all three were very different. I think I liked the Bon Bons one the least of the three.

    Kris ~ I'll be watching to see what you think. :)

    Utopia ~ I liked it! :) If you like snarky - you should too.

    Naida ~ Thanks, Naida.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!