Sunday, January 18, 2009

THE FULL CUPBOARD OF LIFE

Author:  Alexander McCall Smith
Genre:  Cozy Mystery, Series #5
Published:  2003
Personal Rating:  3/5
Yearly Count:  8



Precious Ramotswe's case requires her to help a rich woman decide which of her four suitors would be the best choice for marriage.  The remaining story line focuses mainly around her engagement to Mr. J. L. Matekoni and includes all the regulars.

This series is averaging out to be "just okay" for me.  I know that it is a character driven series, but I enjoy it more when Mme. Ramotswe has a full caseload.  I'm hoping she gets more business in the future.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:15 AM

    I really enjoyed this series at the beginning, but they got old for me after a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bermudaonion ~ I understand. There are some parts that I really enjoy, but others - blah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed the first couple of books of this series but haven't been back for more. I stop and check out the books at the library all the time because I like the covers. I really should read another soon. Sorry this one was just ok for you Joy. Hopefully the next one will find Precious busier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dar ~ I do like the characters, but I'm naturally drawn to more action. It's been a good series to listen to because I don't have to concentrate at all. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am mixed on this series as well. I've liked some more than others and am not caught up in the series yet. They are easy reads and are nice to read when I need that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie ~ I think I liked #4 the best so far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:33 AM

    I get a lot of my reading done while at Gold's gyms in Boston. They keep me motivated and slightly distracted during my work out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you...this one in the series did not do much for me either. I recently read In the Company of Cheerful Ladies with my bookclub though, and we all enjoyed that one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mooskietx ~ I love listening to books while working out; however, I don't go to the local gym. I workout at home.

    Jo-Jo ~ Oh yay! Thanks for telling me that. You've given me more incentive to move to the next.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!