Wednesday, January 07, 2009

The Lemonade Award & Butterfly Award


The Lemonade Award was given to me in the middle of December by Kara from World According to Books. The Lemonade Award is given to those people showing great attitude and gratitude. And I, certainly, am grateful to Kara for passing this on to me. Unfortunately, I totally forgot to post about it until a few days ago. When I was trying to get this post together - blogger wouldn't let me upload any images, so here I am . . . trying again.

You can stop by Kara's blog anytime; she'd love to have you visit. Here's what she says in her header:
Welcome to my world where you can dare to dream, fall in love, experience the unexpected, share in the lives of others, and, of course, meet some of the hunkiest men!!!

Thank you, Kara!






Bonnie from Redlady's Reading Room and Mary from Bookfan awarded me with the Butterfly Award. It is "for the coolest blog I ever know". These are two very special ladies. They both post more than just reviews, so if you don't want to miss out - head on over to their blogs asap.

Thank you, Bonnie. Thank you, Mary. I appreciate the both of you very much!

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:36 PM

    Congratulations, Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Joy. You know every award out there belongs to you cause you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bermudaonion, Trish & Dar ~ Thank you all for the congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:39 PM

    Congratulations! :) You so deserved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. J. Kaye ~ Thank you. How are you doing on your challenges?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:44 AM

    That question can have many meanings. How am I doing where exactly? (lol) Personally or as hosting? Personally, I am doing great. I just finished one. (Yippee!) I'm on time for the winter challenge and will finish that one early, like at the end of this month.

    Hosting, I suck! I am so behind on reading reviews and commenting. I am a horrible hostess!

    ReplyDelete
  7. J. Kaye ~ No, you are not! After my first year of hosting and much thought, I decided it wasn't necessary to visit all the posts. I would never be reading my own books, if that were the case. I just made sure I welcomed everybody and responded to comments here. It was important for me to view challenges as personal goals, not my responsibility to keep the fire lit. And, besides - I didn't receive comments when I joined other challenges, let alone even a welcome. SO . . . in my book, you are doing well beyond what is expected of you! And, a fine job of it, too.

    As for your personal challenges - HOORAY! Glad to know you are starting out strong. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:06 AM

    Thank you! Most of these challenges overlap, so I really think I have a shot at finishing 90%. That said, I am shooting for 100%.

    Book challenges are my focus this year, not accepting books to review. That makes a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!