Wednesday, January 07, 2009

LULLABY TOWN

Author:  Robert Crais
Genre:  PI Mystery, Series #3
Published:  1992
Personal Rating:  3.75/5
Yearly Count:  3




Private Investigator, Elvis Cole, takes on a case to locate an ex-wife and son of a famous filmmaker.  It takes him from his hometown of Los Angeles to Connecticut, where he quickly locates them.  Major problems arise due to the ex-wife's profession, causing Cole to call in his partner, Joe Pike, for assistance.

Filling in the missing books of the Elvis Cole series brings me to #3.  I enjoyed this one more so than #2.  The quips were delivered with good timing and made me giggle.  I could have done without a portion of the story line, because I'm simply just tired of that scenario, but it worked.  Hopefully, #4 (providing I didn't read that one) will continue the series on the upswing.

9 comments:

  1. I love, love, love the Elvis Cole series!! I don't remember much about the early ones beyond that they kept me reading. :-)

    Lezlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lezlie ~ I read parts of this series years and years ago, so I'm playing catch up. When I began them I didn't know it was a series and read them helter skelter. I also wasn't keeping track, so I have to figure out which ones I already read.

    I like his more current work better, but this one was good. I have the Joe Pike one waiting, but I wanted to work on filling in some of the Elvis series first. Have you read them all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have! It has it's ups and downs, but there are definitely more "ups". :-)

    Lezlie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lezlie ~ I suppose no different from any other series, huh? I liked Elvis more in this one. His wit was effortless and not overbearing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gahhh! I think you are single-handedly responsible for finding me more new-to-me suspense/thriller authors to add to my list Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love this series. I think I will wander over to fantasticfiction.co.uk and see which ones I still have to read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy ~ YAY! I hope you are finding much pleasure in reading them. :) I still haven't read a Krueger book yet (introduced by you, I believe), but he is one on my must read in 2009 list.

    Vickie ~ I love that site. I knew I read many more Crais books, but discovered that three of them were his standalones. Hostage was the first book I read by him (when it first came out) and loved it. That's when I went looking for Crais books and didn't realize he had a series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Joy, I've been meaning to ask how you do that cool 'Thoughts of Joy' at the end of your posts. I love it. Is it something relatively simple that I could learn to do? If you don't mind sharing your secret with me you could email me at

    booklogged AT gmail DOT com

    Thanks, Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Booklogged ~ I just sent you an e-mail. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!