Thursday, February 26, 2009

BLESSING OR CURSE? (2 of 6)

Author: William R. Potter
Genre: Short Story/Novella, Collection
Published: Lighting the Dark Side, 2008
Personal Rating: 3.75/5
(ss) Yearly Count: 10



A man wins the lottery. He is generous with his fortune amongst his family and friends, but some people become a little too aggressive - putting his family and friends in great danger.

I was absorbed in this story right from the get-go, but my circumstances required that I put it down for a while. I couldn't wait to get back to it. It had great and exciting scenes, but at the end I expected a twist or turn or something more than what was delivered. Virtually, this was a short story thriller with an ending that just didn't support the build up.

I'm looking forward to the longer works in this collection. I see great potential.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry this one let you down in the end. Sure sounds like it was off to a good start. I think I'm going to have to look for this collection though...the cover alone has me interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debi ~ Even though it didn't satisfy in the end, I still really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!