Friday, February 13, 2009

SPECKLED TROUT

Author: Ron Rash
Genre: Short Story, Collection
Published: Chemistry and Other Stories, 2007
Personal Rating: 4.5/5
(ss) Yearly Count: 8



With a 6-month old license in his wallet, Lanny has finally had a few opportunities to use his dad's truck.  Unfortunately, he chooses to travel the road to trouble.

This was the last short story in this collection and it was great.  There was a Publisher's Note prior to the story stating that Speckled Trout won an award in 2005, and in 2006, it was expanded to become the novel, The World Made Straight (which I have!).

This one felt familiar - more like the rest of the collection (other than Pemberton's Bride).  It contained a suspense throughout and characters that I could see.  I liked the thought-provoking feeling I was left with in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!