Wednesday, May 06, 2009

HAMBURGER SCHOOL (2 of 10)

Author: Eleanor Bluestein
Genre: Short Story Collection
Published: Tea & Other Ayama Na Tales, 2008
Personal Rating: 4/5
(ss) Yearly Count: 16



Something not-quite-right is going on at the McDonald's where two high school friends work.

I liked this one for its wise thinking or philosophical view. Also, I enjoyed that the story had a circular nature, making this 2 for 2. I'm curious to see if the other stories in this collection will follow that pattern.

2 comments:

  1. I think all of these stories will make you think on some type of level--Bluestein definitely picks up on some heavy themes, although the reading itself didn't feel heavy to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trish ~ So far, I agree - the writing hasn't felt heavy. I love thought-provoking stories, so I'm looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!