Thursday, June 04, 2009

THE CUT THE CRAP MACHINE (6 of 10)

Author: Eleanor Bluestein
Genre: Short Story Collection
Published: Tea & Other Ayama Na Tales, 2008
Personal Rating: 3.25/5 (better than just okay)
(ss) Yearly Count: 21



Two polar opposite writers collaborate to produce the first play since the coup that wiped out almost every single artist and intellectual in the country.

The personalities of the two playwrights were clearly defined by their contribution to the play. I enjoyed reading the ping-pong activity of the 'good guy' dialog counteracting the 'bad guy' dialog. That was fun to anticipate; however, I did not anticipate the ending. I really like how it was presented, but not so much the content.

3 comments:

  1. This is quite a title huh? I got a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lot of 3 ratings for these stories. This one was one of my least favorites of the bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane ~ It is used throughout the story, too, which is no surprise.

    Trish ~ Unfortunately, I'm not enjoying this collection as much as I anticipated. I have given a lot of 3.25s, so they are hovering around "better than just okay". However, I just gave a 4 to The Blanks story. I liked the personal struggle and suspense in that one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!