Monday, June 22, 2009

A RUINED WORLD (8 of 10)

Author: Eleanor Bluestein
Genre: Short Story Collection
Published: Tea & Other Ayama Na Tales, 2008
Personal Rating: 2/5 (not enjoyable)
(ss) Yearly Count: 23



Two sisters, each with a child of their own, struggle with acceptance of one another while the children suffer the consequences.

My dislike of this story has nothing to do with the writing. Actually the writing, in and of itself, was obviously well done to provoke such unpleasant emotions in me. In general, I found the story to be very negative and without hope, making it an unenjoyable experience.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:03 AM

    Negative and without hope is never good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks as though you're having a run of bad books. I really hope the next one you read is a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I struggled with this one, too, Joy. Hope you like the last two better. The author mention to me that the last one seems to be everyone's favorite. Not mine, but maybe you'll like it better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacybuckeye ~ It most definitely is not and it makes for blah reading.

    Farmlandbooks ~ Thank you. I'm eager to read my next Best Read of 2009. It's been a while and would love to add one to the list.

    Trish ~ I definitely liked the last two more than this one. I liked one in the beginning, one in the middle and one at the end. So I was on a roller-coaster throughout the collection. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!