Sunday, October 11, 2009

I HATE TO SEE THAT EVENING SUN GO DOWN (1 of 13)

Author: William Gay
Genre: Short Story Collection
Published: I Hate to See That Evening Sun Go Down, 2002
Personal Rating: 3.75/5 (better than good)
(ss) Yearly Count: 48


An old man walks out of his current residence - a nursing home, to return to his own family home, only to discover that another family is living in it.

I was eager and concerned to find out how this one was going to pan out. The writing put me right there, so I had a front row seat; however, it had a negative undertone that made me uneasy. I hope all the stories in this collection are not like that.

2 comments:

  1. Could you imagine being that man??? Sounds like this could be a good short story collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staci ~ I found out since reading this one that they are all somewhat gloomy or just not very uplifting. Knowing that will help me not to feel disappointed that there aren't any fairy tale endings. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!