Thursday, October 15, 2009

SORROW'S ANTHEM

Author: Michael Koryta
Genre: Mystery, Series #2
Published: 2006
Personal Rating: 3/5 (just okay)
Yearly Count: 123



Private Investigator, Lincoln Perry discovers that his estranged, childhood friend is in trouble, and he is determined to help him. Lincoln enlists the help from his partner, Joe Pritchard, a retired cop, to investigate the suspicion of arson and murder.

I read the first in this series, Tonight I Said Goodbye, over three years ago and liked it more than this one. I was encouraged by Lincoln and Joe's relationship and looked forward to seeing them again. However, in this book, I didn't feel the connection or observe any banter between the two. The plot focused more on Lincoln's past friendships, but that shouldn't have prohibited the partners' relationship. Unfortunately, it was bland and disappointed me.

As for the plot, it was pretty good. It had a lot of twists and turns, but at times I was bored. I do like that I learned more about Lincoln and hope that the third book can provide a bit more oomph and visible bond between him and Joe. However, the ending to this book may have provided that missing ingredient. I really hope so. The title, Sorrow's Anthem, was the perfect choice.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy reading your reviews. You never give too much away and you tell me just enough to figure out if I want to read it or not!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staci ~ That was very kind of you to say. :) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!