Monday, February 08, 2010

TALES FROM OUTER SUBURBIA

Author: Shaun Tan
Genre: YA Short Story Collection
Published: 2009
Personal Rating: 3.75/5 (better than good)
Yearly Count: 10


This 15 short story collection is filled with random nonsense. However, some of the nonsense was entertaining. All the stories were peculiar and fantasy-based and carried a feeling of - think of something/anything bizarre and mold it into a flowing story. I'm sure we can all think of something bizarre, but it takes an author like Tan to put it together and oddly - make some sense. This is great for a short diversion or break from mainstreamed books.

4 comments:

  1. Everyone seems to love Shaun Tan and I feel like I need to try one of his books. Glad you enjoyed this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bermudaonion ~ He's very bizarre, but very intriguing. I, for the most part, don't like fantasy books or books that just don't make sense, but he has got a follower in me. That's quite a feat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spent about 5 days reading The Arrival, no words but the pictures were gorgeous and the story was beautiful. I still would like to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Staci ~ I loved The Arrival, too. I'm sure you'll like this one, as well, Staci. Tan has an interesting mind.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!