Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The FIRST RULE

Author: Robert Crais
Genre: Mystery, Series #2
Published: 2010
Personal Rating: 3/5 (just okay)
Yearly Count: 24



A man and his family are executed in their home. The man is from Joe Pike's military days, so he's determined to get to the facts of the murders.

Well, unfortunately, I did not care for Robert Crais (author) reading this audiobook. It may be interesting to hear how the author intends for his book to be received, but for me - nope, didn't work. I did not like the inflections in his voice and the way he portrayed Pike. Now, the mystery and intrigue of Pike have been diminished even more. I think, in general, I would prefer Pike to remain Elvis's sidekick in the Elvis Cole series only.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, too bad. An audio book just doesn't work without the right narrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bermudaonion ~ Since posting this, I have heard/read the same thoughts of the narrator and that Pike's character has been too revealed. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!