Saturday, March 27, 2010

PROMISE NOT TO TELL

Author: Jennifer McMahon
Genre: Mystery, Standalone
Published: 2007
Personal Rating: 2/5 (not enjoyable)
Yearly Count: 25



Kate Cypher, a 41-year-old, returns home to take care of business regarding her mother's care. There is a murder upon her arrival, and it brings up questions regarding an unsolved murder that took place when Kate lived there as a child.

There was very little I liked about this book. Although, I did enjoy all the parts regarding the commune in which Kate lived as a child - that saved the book for me. All the rest - just didn't hit me the right way. After looking forward to reading this since it came out, I was quite disappointed.

5 comments:

  1. oh dear, this is on my tbr list. I just loved Dismantled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this one back in 2007 and gave it 4 stars...sorry that you didn't care for it. Stinks, especially when it's one that you've been looking forward to reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always a bit glad when I read a review and don't immediately add the book to my TBR list. But it's too bad you didn't enjoy the book more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully, it was a quick read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicola ~ Hmmm. I don't think I'm going to take the time to give her another try, but I will check out what you had to say about Dismantled. Maybe you'll change my mind. :)

    Staci ~ Oh I definitely was looking forward to this. I actually found it at a library sale and was elated! It just didn't turn out as planned.

    Framed ~ It's rated highly. Don't rely on me! :) I haven't had much luck with reading any "excellent" books this year.

    Les ~ If I remember correctly, yes it was. Thankfully.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!