Saturday, April 24, 2010

EYES OF PREY

Author: John Sandford
Genre: Police Procedural, Series #3
Published: 1991
Personal Rating: 4/5 (very good)
Yearly Count: 34



Lieutenant Lucas Davenport is after a serial killer who disfigures his victims' eyes.

Yay! Book #3 saved the series! I enjoyed #1, but #2 didn't appeal to me, leaving me to wonder if I was going to continue. Thankfully, this story line kept my attention and Lucas actually calmed down in his attitude and philandering ways. I might end up liking the guy after all. There was a lot of foul language, graphic scenes and drug abuse to muck through; however, I still found that the gathering of evidence to decipher who and why these people were being killed to be enough to keep me intrigued.

6 comments:

  1. I really enjoy this series! I don't always like Lucas, but I think he's a great character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've loved this series for a LONG time,but his one last year was not up to his high standards of previous books!!! I like Lucas and I'm hoping that his new one will make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To this day, Dr. Michael Becker is one of the creepiest bad guys I have ever encountered. I loved this book and the next one that has him in it. I'm glad you stuck it out and got to it. And liked it! :-)

    Lezlie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:10 PM

    Love this series. Some are better than others but I think they are consistently good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Lezlie. Becker is one sick bastard! He creeped me out!!!! And to think he's in the next book. Shudder!!

    Ironically, I thought the two books prior to Eyes of Prey were better. I read it just over 4 years ago, so it's one of my earliest blog entries. Feel free to take a peek here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bermudaonion ~ I think that on again, off again relationship with Lucas keeps us on our toes.

    Staci ~ I have a LONG way to go before I get to last year's book. Sigh. I'm anticipating good reads until then though. :)

    Lezlie ~ So nice to see you! I think I didn't like the 2nd one mainly due to the story line. I plan to continue on! Thanks for your encouragement.

    Stacybuckeye ~ Some being better than others is status quo for a series so I see Sandford's as no different. I have a ways to go before I catch up to 2010, but I look forward to seeing Lucas again - whenever that may be.

    Les ~ Boo! :) Thanks for the link - I'll be over.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!