Thursday, April 29, 2010

UNACCUSTOMED EARTH (1 of 8)

Author: Jhumpa Lahiri
Genre: Short Story Collection
Published: Unaccustomed Earth, 2008
Personal Rating: 3.25/5 (better than just okay)
(ss) Yearly Count: 6


A widowed father travels out-of-state to visit his married daughter. They end up learning a little bit more about themselves and each other.

This first story drew me in, but it didn't grip me. The characters were well-drawn out, and I felt like I really understood them, but it just plodded on and then it was done. Overall, it was a pleasant story.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read this story collection by Lahiri. But I did read Interpreter of Maladies and pretty much enjoyed each story. I like how you divide these stories up into their own reviews!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staci ~ Thanks. :) I decided to set this collection aside. While I liked the story, I just didn't feel like continuing with it right now. I'll get back to it some time. I'll get another collection for the summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!