Sunday, April 11, 2010

THE WALK

Author: Richard Paul Evans
Genre: Fiction, Series #1
Published: 2010
Personal Rating: 4/5 (very good)
Yearly Count: 30



Alan Christoffersen is a happily married, successful entrepreneur, until one day . . . it all falls apart. Unsure of what life is to bring, Alan gathers his camping gear and heads out the door for a walk.

I glanced at this book during lunch, that turned into reading a few pages, and that lead to not wanting to put it down - now that's a sign of a good book. So, in other words, it grabbed me from the start. There is a bit of schmaltz and a smidgeon of unbelievability, but overall I really enjoyed this fast read.

The best part? I really, really liked Alan. And, I love how Richard Paul Evans told the story. This is the first of five in the series. I'll definitely be watching for the second.





*Recommended By: April from Cafe of Dreams

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:14 PM

    Hey Joy! I've got this one and hope to get to it in the next few weeks. Glad to hear it worked for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read at least one of Richard Paul Evans' books and really enjoyed it, so I'm sure I'd enjoy this one as much as you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review, Joy. Sounds like one I'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you enjoyed this one so much, Joy. I love it when I'm drawn into a book like that, even when I am not planning to read it just then. I look forward to reading this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've sold me on this one...I was debating just the other day about whether or not I should request this one from the library...now I'm heading over there right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read The Christmas Box (the book that made Evans famous) and found it very schmaltzy, so I feel reassured by your review. I got this one unsolicited. I'll go ahead and give it a try, thanks Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Evan's holiday books so I think this would also work for me; thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kay ~ Yep, it did! :) I hope you enjoy it, too.

    Bermudaonion ~ I'm thinking so.

    Mary ~ Thanks and yep. :)

    Literary Feline ~ I love it, too! Wish it happened more often.

    Staci ~ It's a quick, enjoyable read. You will not waste much time, if you don't really like it.

    Bookfool ~ Hey there! I read the collection of TCB, but don't remember anything about them. I didn't plan on reading this one at the time I picked it up, but it drew me in. I hope you like it at least a little bit.

    Diane ~ If you love his books, then I don't think this one will disappoint.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!