Sunday, May 16, 2010

THE BRASS VERDICT

Author: Michael Connelly
Genre: Legal Thriller, Series #2
Published: 2008
Personal Rating: 4/5 (very good)
Yearly Count: 38


After a year away from practicing law, defense attorney Mickey Haller inherits the practice of a murdered colleague. The most crucial case involves a well-known Hollywood producer who is accused of murdering his wife and her lover. Mickey takes over and encounters Det. Harry Bosch (another series by Connelly) who is working on the case of the deceased colleague.

This second in the Haller series was just about as good as the first. I love Connelly's style of writing. He incorporates family and work into the story line making Haller out to be a genuine character - likable, despite his profession. This book didn't carry a lot of suspense, but the story line was strong and interesting. Even though, the majority of the story was based on the Hollywood producer's case, there were several other cases discussed as well. I thoroughly enjoyed all the courtroom drama.

The next in the Haller/Bosch series is scheduled to be released in October, 2010! Woo!

8 comments:

  1. I've only read one Connelly book and I really liked it. I'd like to explore some of these series from the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an author that I've been wanting to read more of in the future. Sounds like a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bermudaonion ~ I just picked up the audiobook of the first in the Harry Bosch series titled The Black Echo. I'm looking forward to meeting him at the beginning.

    Staci ~ I've read several by him and haven't been disappointed. I think he's a consistently solid author for me. Woo! Gotta love that. Hope you enjoy what you pick up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be smart of me to start reading this series before there are too many more books published.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just went looking for the first in this series and discovered I've already read it. AND I liked it. Great news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Booklogged ~ Well, this one was published in 2008, so there may be one soon (hoping anyway). That is great news that you read the first one! You probably will enjoy this one as well. Hurry - get caught up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Michael Connelly's books. I can't wait to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Literary Feline ~ He's a favorite of mine, for sure! I really enjoy courtroom drama. Did you read The Lincoln Lawyer?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!