Wednesday, June 23, 2010

THE LINDBERGH CHILD

Author: Rick Geary
Genre: YA Non-Fiction Graphic Novel, Series
Publisher: 2008
Personal Rating: 4/5 (very good)
Yearly Count: 50

Charles A. Lindbergh, at the age of 25, was the first to fly from New York to France in a solo, non-stop flight. Along with this fame, came misfortune. Following his marriage to Anne Morrow, their first born son was kidnapped from their secluded home and supposedly held for ransom.

Geary continues to impress me with this series. His style of writing and drawing is precise and easy to follow. Once I pick up a book, I don't want to put it down until the end. Most (if not all) of the books in this series are short and can be read quickly, but the length does not adequately represent its importance or value. I have learned many interesting tidbits and facts from this series of graphic novels and without a doubt am a big fan of Geary's talent. I plan to read all those that I can get my hands on.

5 comments:

  1. The Lindbergh story is fascinating, even though it is so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like one I need to add to the school library shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this one and mean to read it, but I read Hour of Gold, Hour of Lead late last year and felt so profoundly sad that I haven't been able to shake it off enough to read another version of that nightmarish incident.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bermudaonion ~ I liked learning about the details they discovered while trying to solve the mystery.

    Staci ~ I love these books! There is no gore in this one, so it would be perfect. Oh! They do discover the baby's body - nothing gory about it though. Just sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bybee ~ Sorry, I didn't publish comments before I responded.

    It truly is a sad story. However, I read it more from a mystery standpoint, so I wasn't deeply affected.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!