Tuesday, July 13, 2010

THE BEAST OF CHICAGO

Author: Rick Geary
Genre: YA NF Graphic Novel, Series
Published: 2003
Personal Rating: 4.5/5 (excellent)
Yearly Count: 61


Subtitle: The Murderous Career of H. H. Holmes

During the Chicago World's Fair in 1893, Holmes builds a "Castle" in a nearby suburb and begins to demonstrate his hidden, heinous talent.

I have read The Devil in the White City (Larson), so I knew the story very well; however, the graphic format is fabulous. Finally another book to add to my Best Reads!

2 comments:

  1. Having just finished The Devil in the White City, I'm curious about this one. Just how graphic is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charley ~ It has black and white illustrations and isn't graphic like the word implies. I love this whole series and encourage you to read it. It made the story come alive, so-to-speak. If I remember correctly, I learned more about the whole story. You can always flip through it, and if it's not for you - don't read it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!