Monday, July 12, 2010

THE FATAL BULLET

Author: Rick Geary
Genre: YA NF Graphic Novel, Series
Published: 1999
Personal Rating: 4/5 (very good)
Yearly Count: 60


Subtitle: The Assassination of President James A. Garfield

Okay, history buffs (Suzi), please don't hurt me, but I don't remember anybody telling me that President Garfield was assassinated. To give the unknown teacher(s) credit, I'm guessing someone did along the way, but I apparently wasn't listening. (History was not my favorite subject.) Anyway - I can't think of any fancy words to describe Geary's work that I haven't in one way or another already expressed about this series. I loved learning about this president through this medium and can't see any other way that would have kept my attention and make such an impression on me.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:49 PM

    Well, I knew about Garfield, but probably only because my elementary school was named after him! But I am not familiar with this series. I'm going to look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. About all I can remember about Garfield is the fact that he was assassinated. I think this is a great way to bring history alive for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacybuckeye ~ I love it! Hope you do, too.

    Bermudaonion ~ Absolutely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!