Monday, July 12, 2010

FAMOUS PLAYERS

Author: Rick Geary
Genre: YA NF Graphic Novel, Series
Published: 2009
Personal Rating: 4/5 (very good)
Yearly Count: 59


Subtitled: The Mysterious Death of William Desmond Taylor

William Desmond Taylor was a successful director at the Famous Players Studio in Hollywood, 1922. He was found dead on the floor in his home.

For most of this series I have been, at the very least, familiar with the name of the victim(s) or perpetrator(s). In this one, however, I wasn't. I had never heard of William Desmond Taylor, so this was a new experience for me. I liked learning about this particular era in Hollywood and the entire mystery of his death. As usual, this edition contains superb writing and drawings by Geary.

2 comments:

  1. I'm always game for learning new information and I like that it's a graphic novel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staci ~ Have you read one, yet? They are fast reads!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!