Sunday, August 22, 2010

THE DAYS WHEN YOU WERE ANYTHING ELSE (1 of 7)

Author: Marcus Sakey
Genre: Fiction, Standalone
Published: Scar Tissue: Seven Stories About Love and Wounds, 2010
Personal Rating: 4/5 (very good)
(ss) Yearly Count: 14


A father that has lost everything and gained hate from his daughter is presented with a dilemma when he is approached by her kidnapper who demands money. Money he doesn't have.

I believe I have 3 Sakey books on my TBR Shelves and sad to say, I have not touched one yet. This short story was a great opportunity for me to get a taste of his writing. Did I like it? Yep, sure did. I've been wanting to read The Blade Itself for years now. Hopefully this will give me that nudge I need to actually pick it up. It's not a matter of want, though - it's a matter of time. I need more of it!

2 comments:

  1. Whew! This would be a difficult short story to write, let alone read.
    We all need more time. Here's to us getting more of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vickie ~ Thank goodness for short stories. At least my curiosity is quenched for the time being.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!