Thursday, October 14, 2010

THE DREAMING

Author: Queenie Chan
Genre: YA Manga, Vol. 1
Published: 2005
Personal Rating: 3/5 (just okay)
Yearly Count: 93



Twin sisters are shipped off to a private boarding school in the Australian bush and are quick to discover that something is off.  The girls are informed of rumors regarding the surrounding bushlands and the dreams begin.

This was the first manga book I read, and I thought it was okay.  I loved the mystery and creepiness of the plot, but in general have never cared for characters that have dreams as part of the story. I began to shut down at that point. This was a very quick, one sitting glance read, as it is only Vol. 1 of 3. Alas, it didn't capture my attention enough for me to continue.

*Recommended By: Nicola from Back to Books

6 comments:

  1. I've found that I do enjoy graphic memoirs, but manga is just okay, so I'll skip this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever read a manga title, but this one sounds good to me. I like dreams as part of a story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like a good manga every now and again but I've never heard of this one. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww. Sorry it didn't work out for you. But, hey, gimme five for trying a manga!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You seem to be having a bit of a dry spell with regard to outstanding reads. I hope you find something that knocks your socks off pretty soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bermudaonion ~ At this point, I agree, but I've only read this one.

    Bookfool ~ I thought it sounded good, too. In general, I like to read books about boarding school. Oh that reminds me, I need to read that book that you loved. Sorry, the title escapes me at the moment. I think God is in the title.

    Staci ~ I think I could say that as well. The key word being good. :)

    Nicola ~ :) Thanks, Nicola. :) Now you would think I would have known there would be dreaming in there, wouldn't you? (cough title cough) I didn't. I don't consider it a waste of time, though. I just didn't love it.

    Les ~ The whole year has been this way. :( I must be doing something wrong.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!