Tuesday, October 12, 2010

DEED TO DEATH

Author: D. B. Henson
Genre: Mystery, Standalone
Published:  2010
Personal Rating: 3.25/5 (better than just okay)
Yearly Count:  92


A successful couple are on the brink of getting married when unexpectedly the groom-to-be jumps to his death.  When law enforcement doesn't agree to the suggestion of foul play, the baffled bride-to-be is determined to find out what possibly could have caused him to commit suicide.

I felt like there were a lot of unbelievable stunts and the characters were underdeveloped, but despite that, I was always pleased to get back to it and enjoyed the suspense. Also, the climax received an eye-roll or two, but overall this debut was better than just okay, and I'd be happy to give Henson another shot. I think she has potential.

2 comments:

  1. I believe in second chances too Joy. Hope the next one is better though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staci ~ I suspect it will be.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!