Thursday, December 23, 2010

THE PAPER BAG CHRISTMAS

Author:  Kevin Milne
Genre:  Fiction, Standalone
Published:  2008
Personal Rating:  3.25/5 (better than just okay)
Yearly Count:  111


Two young boys find out the true meaning of giving and receiving.

I definitely didn't find this as warm and fuzzy as the majority of readers did, but thought it was okay.  Of course the message is a good one, but to my surprise, it read more YA-like than I expected.  That wasn't a bad quality, I just had other expectations.  Overall, it was better than just okay - almost good.  :)


   

2 comments:

  1. I liked this book and agree that it has a YA feel to it. I found the message was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie ~ I remembered the praise it got when the ARC came out, so I snatched it up when I saw the eBook for cheap.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!