Monday, January 17, 2011

THE NECRO FILE (15 of 15)

Author:  J. A. Konrath
Genre:  Short Story Collection
Published:  Jack Daniels Stories, 2010
Personal Rating:  1/5 (don't bother)
Format:  eBook
(ss) Yearly Count: 15


Harry is hired by a wife to get some pictures of her husband "acting crazy," which ultimately can assist her in a divorce.

Where do I start?  This was awful.  I do have to give Konrath credit for the forewarning, though.  He does make it very clear that this is the most offensive thing he has ever written.  Well, I don't know about the rest of his work, but he was right on regarding this piece.  It was definitely offensive.

In general, it contained: repulsive, childish bathroom humor; disgusting, adult behavior; offensive conversations, as well as actions; and it was just plain stupid.  Ugh.

I feel like I need to scour my mind of all the gross and appalling images that crept in through my eyes.  I think the look of sheer repugnance is still on my face.  I need to read something else quick to wash away the awful remnants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!