Monday, January 17, 2011

JACK DANIELS STORIES

Author:  J. A. Konrath
Genre:  Short Story Collection
Published:  Jack Daniels Stories, 2010
Personal Rating:  3.5/5 (good)
Format:  eBook - iPad
Yearly Count: 4



Jack Daniels Stories is based on the characters in the Jack Daniels series.  There are four main characters:

1.  Jack (Jacqueline) Daniels - Lieutenant in a Chicago police department 

2.  Herb Benedict - Jack's partner

3.  Phineas (Phin) Troutt - Jack's street connection who is dying of cancer

4.  Harry McGlade - Jack's former partner, now a PI

Each character has a very distinct personality, and I'm still uncertain as to how I feel about them.  I can say that I am more curious about getting to the second in the series, though.  And, I will read more short stories written by Konrath that are already housed on my Kindle.

2 comments:

  1. 3.5 overall isn't too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staci ~ I actually have a higher rating feeling when I think about the book. (if that makes sense) I'm excited to get to more of his work, but I have so many other books and eBooks waiting. If I'm wanting or in need of short stories, I know I will be entertained by Konrath.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!