Saturday, February 26, 2011

AWOL ON THE APPALACHIAN TRAIL

Author:  David Miller
Genre:  Non-Fiction Travelogue, Standalone
Published:  2010
Personal Rating:  DNF  #1
Format:  eBook - Kindle


I thoroughly enjoyed Bill Bryson's A Walk in the Woods, so when I came across this book I thought I'd give it a go.  Unfortunately, it became my first DNF of the year.  For the amount I read, I didn't find anything inherently wrong with it - I just wasn't captivated, so I listened to my gut and decided not to continue.  I could be missing out on a great book, but I'm going to let that go.  I'm hoping I don't experience this too much, but it's necessary for me to be a wiser reader.  I waste too much precious time with books that I'm not excited about. 

3 comments:

  1. Since I live in SC, I thought that book was about Mark Sanford when I saw the title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely agree Joy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bermudaonion ~ Nope, it's just about a man that takes on a challenge of his own to walk the trail. I still would like to know the highlights of his walk, but I don't want to read the whole thing to find out.

    Staci ~ I'm seriously tired of reading books that are below "good." I have to follow my gut and move on with no regrets. It's so hard to do though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!