Saturday, April 30, 2011

THE GIRL WHO FELL FROM THE SKY

Author: Heidi Durrow
Genre: Fiction, Standalone
Published: 2010
Personal Rating: 2.5/5 (eh)
Format: Audiobook
Yearly Count: 31


After a tragic accident, at the age of 11, Rachel moves from Chicago to Portland to live with her grandmother. She struggles with accepting her identity and fate.

I simply didn't connect; therefore, I didn't care about the characters or their story. I also didn't care for the back and forth narration between characters. However, there were parts that kept me interested enough to continue. And, of course, I did want to know what really happened regarding the tragic accident.

4 comments:

  1. Doesn't this have something to do with her being biracial? I'm wondering if I would like it because I can relate in that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny ~ Yes, that's a huge part of the story. You may like it more than I did. I hope you do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I don't connect I really should just stop reading but like you I find that I must know certain things so I plod on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Staci ~ Another reminder to me - if you're not enjoying a book - let it go! But just that little tug keeps me in the game. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!