Saturday, April 30, 2011

LOCAL

Author: Brian Wood
Genre: Graphic Novel, Standalone
Published: 2008
Personal Rating: 3.5/5 (good)
Format: Book
Yearly Count: 30


In 12 short stories, Megan McKeenan takes on the world for about 10 years. She travels from one major city to another and has one major experience after another in the process of discovering herself.

As usual, some stories were better than others, but in general I enjoyed getting back to a graphic novel. While many components of the stories seemed realistic, I continued to see Megan as a character, so ultimately I didn't believe. Still - a good read.  

4 comments:

  1. I like the idea of how she goes to the different cities. I rarely read graphic novels but like them when I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny ~ I love Geary's series of graphic novels, and have enjoyed most others that I have read. I have to be selective though. What drew me to this one was that it had connected short stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like graphic novels so I might be interested in reading this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Staci ~ I like graphic novels, but I'm very picky about those I choose to read.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!