Saturday, May 07, 2011

CHASING DARKNESS

Author: Robert Crais
Genre: Mystery, Elvis Cole Series #11
Published: 2008
Personal Rating: 3.5/5 (good)
Format: Audiobook
Yearly Count: 33


During a fire evacuation, a body is found with evidence that indicates he may have murdered many women. The concern is that Cole knows him. He helped prove his innocence in a past murder charge. Now Cole has to deal with the fact that he may have been duped.

I probably would have rated this higher had I read it, because the audiobook narrator was incredibly boring and lacked enthusiasm. Cole didn't sound like Cole, and Pike didn't sound like Pike. That's not good. In the beginning it threw me off, which is okay, if you can get back on. Unfortunately, that never fully happened. Also, the relationship between Cole and Pike didn't seem its usual self, so maybe it wasn't just the narrator. I did like the plot and was interested throughout, but I was a little disappointed overall.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:02 PM

    My husband loves this series! I haven't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that is why I avoid audio I think....it's much easier for me to create the characters, voices and all, inside my head! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle ~ I don't love it, but I do enjoy it.

    Staci ~ I don't know what I would do without audiobooks! Actually I do . . . I wouldn't "read" half of the books I read! That would be sad and a lot of time would be wasted. The multitasking is a huge benefit.

    This audiobook wasn't a good fit for me, but then again, some books that I read aren't either, so I'll continue to take the risk. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!