Thursday, May 05, 2011

ICE COLD

Author: Tess Gerritsen
Genre:  Mystery, Rizzoli & Isles Series #8
Published:  2010
Personal Rating: 2.5/5 (eh)
Format:  Audiobook
Yearly Count: 32


During the winter season, medical examiner Maura Isles heads to Wyoming for a medical conference.  She reunites with some old friends and chooses to go on a mini-ski trip with them.  A blizzard demands that they seek shelter in a nearby community.  They are perplexed when they discover all the homes are abandoned, yet obviously currently being lived in.

I like stories of survival, but this one just didn't seem natural.  There were too many ridiculous oopses and the characters were less than appealing.  I've been all over the place regarding my enjoyment of this series, but I think this one falls closest to the bottom.  There were some medical ties, but it just didn't follow the traditional Rizzoli & Isles series style.



5 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:05 PM

    I read this book last year when it came out. I went back and looked at my review after I read yours. While my rated opinion was much higher than yours, one of the things that I pointed out in my review was how unbelievable it was at certain spots. I also agree, this sreies has been hit or miss for me as well. Some books are great, others are flops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know so many people who love Gerritsen's work, but I felt kind of meh about the one I tried. Since you said this is the worst of the bunch, maybe I tried the wrong one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going back and forth on if I've read this author before. I'm definitely interested and am thinking that I should pick up one of her books from the library next time that I go. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Samantha.1020 said...
    I'm going back and forth on if I've read this author before. I'm definitely interested and am thinking that I should pick up one of her books from the library next time that I go. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Talesofabookaddict ~ I'll have to stop by your blog to see what you wrote. Hopefully the next book in this series will be a hit for both of us. :)

    Bermudaonion ~ There were some that were really good. If you give her another chance, I hope the one you choose is a winner!

    Samantha.1020 ~ Start with the first in the series titled The Surgeon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!