Thursday, June 02, 2011

A FRIEND OF THE FAMILY

Author:  Laura Grodstein
Genre:  Fiction, Standalone
Published:  2009
Personal Rating:  3.5/5 (good)
Format:  Audiobook
Yearly Count:  43


Pete, an internist, struggles with the drama of his family and another.  The families have been close friends since the parents' college days.

This was a good family drama book.  I wasn't exactly sure what path it was going to go down for quite some time, so my curiosity was piqued.  The male narrator/perspective was a highlight for me.  I enjoyed his voice and had empathy for him.  Overall, it wasn't anything spectacular, but I liked it.
    

  

6 comments:

  1. There aren't enough books out there from a male's POV...sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staci ~ Not in general fiction, that's for sure. It was a pleasant experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:40 PM

    This is the first I've seen of this one. Looks like it has potential.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacybuckeye ~ I have no idea where I first saw it, but when I saw the audiobook at my library, I thought I'd give it a try. It was good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like family drama books, so I think I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bermudaonion ~ I thought it was good, but I hope it's even better for you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!