Saturday, August 06, 2011

THE CHICAGO WAY

Author:  Michael Harvey
Genre:  Mystery, Michael Kelly Series #1
Published:  2007
Personal Rating:  3.25/5 (just okay +)
Format:  Audiobook
Yearly Count:  66  


Former Chicago detective, Michael Kelly, is now a PI who is hired by his retired, ex-partner to look into an unsolved case regarding a young girl.  To his dismay, the ex-partner is soon to be found dead.  Kelly is a suspect while he tries to figure out who are the good guys and who are the bad guys.

This has been on my radar for many years.  With an audiobook version available, I finally went for it.  In the end, I'm a little disappointed, but I do want to read the second in this series because I liked Michael Kelly.  He has a little zip to his tongue that made me want to hear more.  There just wasn't anything else that kept me intrigued or truly interested.  So, a good character with a not so good plot has me curious about what may be ahead.

Anybody read this series?  Does it get better?

      

9 comments:

  1. That series is new to me. I say try the second one since series usually get better as they go on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never even heard of this series so I'm no help to you in regards to letting you know if the series gets any better! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bermudaonion ~ That's what I'm hoping.

    Staci ~ That makes two of you not knowing it. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a sucker for anything set where I live so I might have to give this a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tara ~ Me, too! (except I'm Michigan) The rumble of the L was felt and heard, and I remember the "bean" being mentioned and other places in that area. The setting was extra fun for me because I was just there a couple of weeks ago with my daughter. Our ride in on the L was great - smooth and very pleasant. The ride back was like we were on a rickety, old roller coaster and thought we were going to fall off the track at any moment! At times I was holding on for dear life! Is that a common experience or did we just get a bum train?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only seen it on the shelf at work. Don't know anything about the series, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Les ~ I think I'd like your job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:18 PM

    I'm picky about any new series I start these days so I'll have to skip this one for now. Unless you read the second one and it blows your socks off, then I'm in :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stacybuckeye ~ I understand! I do have the second audio uploaded and ready, but don't plan on listening to it any time soon. I have too many others that i want to pursue first. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!