Tuesday, October 25, 2011

THE HOUSE ON TRADD STREET

Author: Karen White
Genre: Ghost Mystery,
Melanie Middleton Series #1
Published: 2008
Personal Rating: 2.75/5 (eh +)
Format: Audiobook
Yearly Count:  90


Melanie Middleton, a psychic realtor, inherits a historic home in Charleston, NC. She is required to live in the house for a year and restore it before she can sell it. During her stay, she's interested in solving a mystery involving the previous owner and has the help of a journalist that is drawn to her.

This was not my type of book. I didn't like the ghost aspect of it at all. I knew after the second sighting that it wasn't going to work for me, but decided to plod on hoping that I could overlook it. That didn't happen. I did like the budding relationship between Melanie and Jack, the journalist, but not enough to overpower the ghost gunk. I will not be continuing with the series.

9 comments:

  1. I had high hopes for this one. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bermudaonion ~ This seems to be a well-received series so if you don't mind ghosts, please give it a try. That's really the only thing I didn't like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't mind the ghosts, but I wasn't a can of Melanie's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this one awhile back and found it to be a good read but definitely not great. I just didn't really connect with the main characters but I do think I'll read the 2nd book at some point. Thanks for the honest review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Literary Feline ~ If it weren't for the ghosts, I might have noticed more about Melanie. LOL

    Samantha.1020 ~ The main characters were okay for me. I found the ghost stuff more prevalent. I wasn't afraid of the ghost aspect, I actually find it stupid. It falls in the same category as zombies and vampires. They are just not for me. I can tolerate a little bit, but in this one, it became too much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow..you've not been very lucky this week with books! Again, this is another one that I gobbled up! But I read it not listened to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Staci ~ You're right, I haven't. Nothing was hitting the spot. However, if I pick up books (to read or listen to) that I already know are not my thing, then this is what I get. I'm not surprised. It's more about wishful thinking. I always hope I will like something that in my gut I already know I probably will not. At least I give them a chance, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:27 PM

    I liked the first two of the series and am looking forward to the new one. I like a ghost now and them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stacybuckeye ~ The only good that comes from not liking a particular genre is that my TBR list doesn't grow longer. However, I don't like the feeling of missing out on something that others really enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!