Wednesday, October 19, 2011

LAST NIGHT AT THE LOBSTER

Author:  Stewart O'Nan
Genre:  Fiction, Standalone
Published:  2007
Personal Rating:  3/5 (just okay)
Format:  Audiobook
Yearly Count:  87


The Red Lobster, in a Connecticut suburb, is closing its doors, and we peek inside to watch the goings-on during the last full day.

There wasn't much going on at the Red Lobster from my perspective.  What I did learn about the characters was fine, but I didn't think there was anything special or even that interesting about the book as a whole. Although, I didn't necessarily dislike anything either, so . . . just an okay read/listen for me.

8 comments:

  1. Well, you gave it a higher rating than I did (3 years ago!). However, I still plan to read O'Nan's latest novel, Emily Alone. I hear it's very good.

    If you're interested, you can read my review here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm....not exactly my kind of read, but I do love that seafood chain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a bit of a strange story to me! I have read other glowing reviews of his other works by fellow bloggers but not about this particular title.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Les ~ I'll come by to see what you had to say. :) I have The Good Wife on audio as well. I'm not in a big hurry to get to it, though.

    Vickie ~ I need a bit more excitement in my reading. Except sometimes a quiet book hits me just right. Ya just never know.

    Staci ~ The writing was fine and the characters were drawn out well. It was just a tad bit on the dull side regarding the plot. To each his own, though.

    Tell me - what are your reading plans for the new year? You have me curious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joy: I like quiet reading from time to time, too, but it has to be well-written quiet reading and something to hold my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vickie ~ Yes, holding our interest is vital.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:52 PM

    I remember thinking this was going to be my O author last year, but after the first chapter I didn't continue. I'm with you that there just wasn't enough going on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stacybuckeye ~ Thanks for the comment. I feel better knowing I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!