Thursday, November 03, 2011

THE LANGUAGE OF FLOWERS

Author: Vanessa Diffenbaugh
Genre:  Fiction, Standalone
Published:  2011
Personal Rating:  3/5 (just okay)
Format:  Audiobook
Yearly Count:  92


As a young girl, Victoria, is bounced around from one foster home to another.  Eventually, she lands upon someone who teachers her about the language of flowers, and it becomes a gift to her.

This was a major disappointment.  All the hype had me geared up for a wonderful read, and I didn't get what I had anticipated.  Boo.  I found there to be so many plot points that were unbelievable, and the main character was not likeable.  The only thing I sort of liked were the flower definitions, but those didn't keep me entertained for too long either.  The whole thing just fell flat.  Glad I read it though, because I would have forever been curious. 
 

6 comments:

  1. Hmmm....several of my blogging buddies loved this one!! and their reviews had me clicking to put this one on my MUST read list. Now, I'm wondering about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staci ~ Yep, I know. I wish I did, too. You'll probably love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished a combination of audio and print (eBook) and I sot a little bit tired of all the endless floral meaning references....gezzz I haven't done my review yet but was thinking about a 3.5/5 rating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane ~ LOL I understand. That's why I said they didn't keep me entertained for too long. I feel a little better knowing that I'm not alone. :) Bummer though, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this one. I think the main character redeemed herself in the end and I think that some of her actions were understand. I didn't like the things she did, but I understood why. Maybe because I hadn't heard anything about this book that made me love it. I just picked it up because I liked the name and it ended up really working for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WonderBunny ~ I knew it was well regarded, but I didn't know what it was about. Glad you enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!