Thursday, December 29, 2011

MILLIE'S FLING

Author:  Jill Mansell
Genre:  Chick Lit, Standalone
Published:  2009
Personal Rating:  DNF #10
Format:  eBook



I've been reading this a chapter at a time and really trying to give it a chance (completed 36%!), but it just wasn't working for me (works for others, though - 4.5/167 reviews on Amazon).  After some internal prodding to get with it and finish it, I just couldn't give any more of my time to it, so I gave up.  I now have peace.  Whew!  (Why is it so hard to give up on books sometimes?)  In fairness to Mansell, I am not a connoisseur of chick-lit.

10 comments:

  1. Sorry it didn't work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is too short to read not-of-interest-to-us books. Good on ya for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I am not a connoisseur of chick-lit" was all you needed to say to let me know I don't want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bermudaonion ~ Thanks.

    Vickie ~ I'm feeling pretty good about that decision. :) Wish I made it sooner.

    Booklogged ~ LOL! It's SO nice to see you! I hope all is well with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love chick lit!! :D

    But hey, you tried!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Staci ~ There's a part of me that wishes I did too, but then again . . . I think my TBR lists and shelves wouldn't be able to handle the stress - let alone my poor mind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bookfool sent me a copy of To the Moon and Back, which I hope to read in the next few weeks. Hope I like Mansell better than you did! I'm kind of on the fence about chick-lit. Sometimes, it's a matter of timing, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Les ~ I think timing is a huge factor! And this one happened to be a little forced, but I still don't think she's my cup of tea. I do really like Kinsella, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just posted my review for Mansell's To the Moon and Back. You and are are definitely reading twins, my dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les ~ Sorry to hear that To the Moon and Back didn't make you feel over the moon. Bad, I know. hahaha However, there's some relief that at least you won't be adding on a whole backlist of books to your TBR list, right?

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!