Tuesday, December 27, 2011

ONE NIGHT ONLY (3 of 65)

Author: J. A. Konrath
Genre: Short Story Collection
Published: 65 Proof:
An Omnibus Collection, 2011
Personal Rating: 3/5 (just okay)
Format: eBook
(ss) Yearly Count: 52

Again, straight from the Funny Stuff section comes this story about a man who is obsessed with watching the basketball playoffs and ends up suffering for it.

After making a vocal sound of disgust, I decided that I really didn't like this story. However, I liked the fact that I was surprised - maybe shocked would be a more fitting adjective.

4 comments:

  1. J A Konrath/Jack Kilborn is one of my favorite authors. He's darkly funny and writes a mean horror story.
    Sorry this one didn't do it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vickie ~ I've read very little by him, and I'm not sure if I really like him or not, but I can say I'm certainly curious. I think it's his edginess that draws me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of this author but at least he elicited an emotion from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Staci ~ That counts for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!