Sunday, December 04, 2011

YOU KNOW WHEN THE MEN ARE GONE

Author:  Siobhan Fallon
Genre:  Short Story Collection
Published:  2011
Personal Rating:  3.75/5 (good +)
Format:  Book
Yearly Count:  101


This was a good short story collection regarding the lives of those who in one way or another serve our country.  It was a peek into the relationships of families that are torn away from each other for the sake of others.  The stories were definitely more negative than encouraging, but they gave good insight into what hardships are placed on those that dedicate themselves to the armed services.


You Know When All the Men Are Gone


Camp Liberty


Remission



Inside the Break


The Last Stand


Leave


You Survived the War, Now Survive the Homecoming


Gold Star


3 comments:

  1. I loved this book! My dad was in the Navy when I was a child so I could relate to many of the stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one would make me emotional to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bermudaonion ~ Glad that it really connected with you.

    Staci ~ I was surprised that most (if not all) of the stories were negative in some way. I don't think putting those thoughts in your mind would be a good idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!